- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together & troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades & Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Design and deploy networks & maintain system efficiency.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Assist with the testing of internal applications and projects and to develop simple programming.
- To deal with customers in an empathic and technically effective manner.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Taking ownership of technical issues and working with the Development team to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention.
- Learning about product updates and new technologies, reviewing product change requests, report defects or offer suggestions for product improvement.
- Diploma or Degree in IT
- 2+ years’ experience in system administration
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Able to multitask and independently coordinate all day-to-day of program activities
- Good team player and highly motivated, able to communicate with all levels including higher levels
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
Email us at recruit [at] econstruct.com.my